McKesson Corporate Strategy & Business Development (CSBD) is seeking to add a Director Corporate Strategy - Strategic Innovation who will have the opportunity to lead new innovations that drive early growth of new commercial solutions. The role will partner across CSBD and BU teams to identify and develop new opportunities. The Director Corporate Strategy - Strategic Innovation will report directly to the SVP, Strategic Innovation & Business Development, with a preferred location of Las Colinas, TX.
- Work to accelerate the strategic roadmap and bring identified opportunities from concept through planning through initial pilot execution to emerging growth
- Effectively advocate for and execute differentiated, innovative approaches that create value for McKesson and its key customers
- Develop strategic, financial, and operational feasibility cases to support investment in new growth opportunities
- Design plans that demonstrate proof of concept, work with external partners and/or outside developers to implement, while also addressing key risks or realizing fast failure
- Drive strategic partnerships, and collaborations that help scale initiatives after proof of concept has been demonstrated
- Define and manage multiple, complex strategic projects towards high quality deliverables and timelines
- Build relationship capital with key leaders and project stakeholders throughout organization, effectively navigate processes to lead, influence and reach consensus with or without formal authority or direct people management responsibilities
- Occasional travel after COVID-19 restrictions are lifted
- 5+ years of work in healthcare innovation or corporate strategy experience
- 3+ managerial experience
- Practical experience working in collaborative environment across functional and commercial teams
- Proven experience developing and managing successful partnerships
- Project management leadership experience
- Demonstrate Intrapreneurial skill - Learn quickly, build minimal viable products (MVPs) to test in order to fail fast, and be an effective ambassador for new commercial solutions
- Advance innovations in new growth areas and creates competitive differentiation
- Operate and thrive in a relatively unstructured environment by showing self-starter skills and creativity
- Must be able to nurture relationships and creatively negotiate commercial agreements
- Strategic thinking
- Must be able to manage all aspects of evaluating and catalyzing execution of an opportunity
- Demonstrate ability to influence pipeline aspirations and opportunities being considered and pursued based on your understanding of market opportunities, customer needs, and McKesson capabilities
- Strategic and analytical thinking, strong project management and problem-solving skills, sound judgment and a willingness to resolve issues and problems in a timely manner
- Analytics acumen
- Financial acumen including experience with financial planning, budgeting and capital allocation and maintaining strong strategic alignment
- Develop financial case for opportunities and be accountable for performance relative to case.
- Healthcare knowledge
- Healthcare industry experience with a strong understanding of key industry stakeholders and future market trends
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, and persuasively promote ideas and proposals
- Build credibility and demonstrates comfort in working with and presenting to business leadership
- Able to drive alignment of interest with people who do not report to you and may have a large set of "day job" objectives,
- 4-year bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field, or equivalent experience.
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Occasional travel, approximately 10-25%
Required location: Las Colinas, TX
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.